Monday 2 February 2015

what I ate sunday



Sunday 1st February marked the 1st day of me getting super healthy and fit.

I woke up in pain !


Typical.


I really didn't want to take painkillers so I started my day off with a hot ginger and lemon tea.






Its so simple. I just cut chunks of ginger, slices of lemon and poured boiling hot water over it. As you would with any tea. Ginger is a natural pain relief so I used that to rid my pain and rubbed tiger balm into my aching body. It worked a bit.


For breakfast I had the rest of my grilled pineapple and mint from the night before, then I had grilled bacon, avocado, roasted butternut squash and fried egg.


Ingredients :


4 slices of bacon - smoked or unsmoked

1 ripe avocado
3 eggs
1 butter nut squash





Method :


Grill the bacon.


Peel the butter nut squash and cut it into 1 inch sized chunks. Sprinkle it with mixed herbs and a little bit of garlic and roast for half an hour in the oven at 200c. I did mine the night before, to save time and be prepared and then just heated it up in the morning for breakfast.



Fry 3 eggs in a pan. I used fry lite, so no oil. You can use coconut oil too.


My avocado I simple just peeled and sliced. 


Everything went on the plate with a load of black pepper. I do like black pepper.


Its the first time I have ever had a breakfast like this so I will admit it was slightly weird to eat avocado and butter nut squash for breakfast, but it did fill me up for hours and tasted so good.


Now I say it was breakfast, it was actually lunch. I was working a late shift so didn't want to eat too early. I ate this at 1pm.







Dinner I had at work. I had prawn salad


Ingrediants


Prawns

avocado
oranges
apple
spinach
lemon
pumpkin seeds

Method 


Wash the spinach and prawns and put them onto your plate or salad bowl. No need to cut or rip the spinach.


Peel and chop the oranges. take all the pips out and the white pith. Add them to your salad.


Peel and slice the avocado, place them on the side of the plate.


Wash and finely chop your apple. No need to peel it. Add it to the salad.


Sprinkle a handful of pumpkin seeds over the salad.


Use your (clean!) hands to mix the salad together then squeeze the juice from half a lemon , add salt and pepper and enjoy.


I didn't eat my salad till 7pm. I wasn't hungry at all after my big breakfast. I wasn't really hungry at all. I only ate it because I knew it was dinner time and everyone else was eating ! It was very yummy and very pretty. I couldn't finish it all.


I have saved it, and will it it today for lunch (Monday)


I drank a lot of water. This is new for me, I never used to drink water. I added fresh sliced lemon and fresh mint.






Enjoy your healthy food ! 


Follow me on instagram and Facebook !














0 comments:

Post a Comment