Thursday 29 January 2015

My healthy curry








I made a healthy curry woop. I put everything in this curry that I would never normally put in a curry. I have never disliked vegetables. I have just always been weird about food. I would eat veg with my roast dinner or with a chicken breast but I didn't want them in a curry or casserole. Yes, I told you, I'm weird. 

Ingredients 

Pataks curry paste

3 gloves of garlic (or less, depending on your liking)
One chunk of ginger
 a few cardimun pods
1.5 pints of chicken stock
1 tin of light coconut cream
salt
pepper
chilli flakes
lemon grass
1 bag of spinach
several carrots
1 bunch of broccoli
half a courgette (its all I had left! )
3 peppers
1 bag of pea snaps


Method

I finely chopped the ginger and garlic. I love both. So had loads. Top Tip : Add a pinch, or a large pinch, depending on  your taste, of salt to the ginger and garlic when you chop it and it chops a lot finer and makes a nice garlic / ginger paste. I learnt that when I learnt to cook in college :)

I pretty much just chopped everything up and chucked it all in the slow cooker with 1 and a half pints of chicken stock and have left it to cook for 6 hours. Mmmm that chickens gonna be so tender.

I fried the garlic, chili, lemon grass, onion and cardiman off first with a few sprays of fry light. 

I will serve it with brown rice and no naan bread, boo :( 









0 comments:

Post a Comment