Saturday 31 January 2015

My. Dessert. Saturday. Night.

I have been making a lot of juices with pineapple in recently but was missing EATING pineapple. I always used to eat pineapple with passion fruit but wanted to mix it up. I remember a few years ago my brother made me grilled pineapple with mint. Tonight I made it again.

Ingrediants 

One large pineapple
Mint
Brown Sugar

Method

Cut the skin off the pineapple, of course, no one wants to eat pineapple skin.

Cut the pineapple how ever you want it. I would suggest either thick wedges or slices like I did. 
For slices, top and tale the pineapple. Get rid of that hard bit. Then simple lay it down and cut. You'll get nice circles. Mine were roughly a centimeter thick. 

Either head up your griddle or turn the grill on. If your cooking under the grill line your grill tray with foil.

Lay the pineapple slices out on the tray.

Finely chop your mint. By doing this you release the flavor a lot more. 

Sprinkle the pineapple slices with a little bit of brown sugar then equally divide your chopped mint between all the slices and sprinkle it on top of the pineapple.

Put your tray under the grill for around 10 minutes.

Keep an eye on it, you don't want burnt pineapple !

Your pineapple will go nice and soft, caramelized and  will be simply delicious ! 

This is a lovely guilt free sweet dessert. I had mine on its own but you could serve it with fat free natural yogurt.

Enjoy your pineapple, its a super food ! 



 



Follow me on facebook and instagram !



0 comments:

Post a Comment