Wednesday 4 February 2015

Day 2... and 3...what I ate... yum



Day 2.

Now, I have such a shit memory, I cant remember what I ate 2 bloody days ago. This is why I should blog every day. Im going to have to go through my instagram to remember ! 

Ah yes, I remember, for breakfast I had a smoothie bowl. Whats that I hear my millions and billions ( Haha) of followers ask ? Its a smoothie. In a bowl. Yes, that's it, a smoothie in a bowl. Kinda.

Since deciding to get healthy I have been googling loads of meals ideas. These smoothie bowls seem to be a big hit. Most probably in the states. Everything seems to be more popular there and they seem to be more on the ball. These smoothie bowls caught my eye first because they are so damn beautiful. At first I didn't care what they tasted like, I just wanted to make one, make pretty food and look at it for hours and hours. 

Ingrediants 

Spinach
Rasberries
banana
almond milk
kiwi
almonds
pecans
granola
chia seeds
coconut shavings

Method

Blend one cup of almond milk, 1 cup of spinach and one cup on raspberries in the blender till smooth. Cut up your banana and add to the mix and blend again until smooth. I used frozen raspberries and banana but I wont again, when it came to eating my smoothie bowl, it was way too cold on my teeth. So I guess you can make that decision yourself. :) Sensitive teeth and frozen shit is a no no.

So now your smoothie bowl base is made. Put it all into a bowl. A bowl with a big surface space. This gives you more room to decorate and make your smoothie bowl really beautiful, cos obviously, that's the most important thing :)

Slice up your second banana, 2 kiwis. Sprinkle a handful, or more, of granola onto your smoothie bowl, then your shredded coconut, then your kiwi and banana, add your pumpkin seeds and other nuts and what ever you want.

It was yummy, and very pretty :) The granola added a nice crunchy texture which was great, your getting loads of goodness from all the fruit veg and nuts so its an all round good breakfast. It kept me full for 4 hours.









For lunch, I had my leftover prawn salad from the night before and an avocado and banana I had been to the gym but wasn't feeling too hungry. I'm drinking loads of water, which fills me up.

For dinner I had a soupy stew thing, I just made it up... and hoped for the best. It was edible, it wasn't my favorite meal though !

Ingredients
Ginger
garlic
onion
lemon grass
coconut milk
chicken
lentils

Method

I finely chopped the garlic ginger and onion. Remember what I said the other day, if you add salt to the garlic, it chops much finer, and makes an almost paste like substance.

I bashed the lemon grass hard with the end of my knife. Real hard. On my hand. Ouch. Cooking is dangerous, be careful, folks. By bashing it up, or bruising it as some people say, you release the flavor.

I cut my chicken into chunks and browned it off in the pain with the onions. Then the ginger and garlic and lemon grass. Once they were all cooked I added the coconut milk and left it to simmer for half an hour. I then added 1.5 cups of spit orange lentils and left for a further 20 minutes. Right at the end I added spinach and stirred for 2 minutes so to cook the spinach and served. It was yummy. I used to much ginger though. I got slightly excited with it being a natural pain relief.



*******************************************************

Day 3

Breakfast

For breakfast on day 3 I had a cooked breakfast.

Ingrediants

4 rashers of bacon
3 eggs
half a punnet of mushrooms
1 avocado
pumpkin seeds

Method

Now cooking a breakfast is pretty simple. Im sure you don't really need me to tell you how, but here goes. I grilled the bacon and mushrooms until crispy. I like crispy. Crispy is good. I fried the eggs in a tiny bit of coconut oil. The avocado was simply sliced up. All served up with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and a hand full of pumpkin seeds. Ta daa. A monkey could do it. Blindfolded. With one arm, and no legs.



For lunch I had chicken, sweet potato, carrot and brocoli

Ingrediants

1 sweet potato
Brocolli
carrots
chicken
garlic
chilli's
lemon
chicken stock

Method

Firstly, I put the sweet potato on a baking tray in the oven at 200 c, they take ages to cook. I then diced up the chicken and got very messy marinading it in chilli paste with chopped up garlic. I browned the chicken off in the pan then put it in an oven proof dish. I chopped up a a whole lemon and squeezed the juice into the dish then put the rest of the lemon in the dish. 

I made 1 pint of chicken stock and added it to the chicken in the dish before putting it in the oven.

I then par boiled the carrots for 10 minutes before adding them to the chicken to roast.

I left it to roast for about 40 minutes before serving. It was lovely and spicy. Full of flavor with the spice and lemon. The sweet potato was delicious. I have never really had sweet potato before so now its my new love.

Oh lets not forget the broccoli. Boiled. Served ;) Drained in between. One armed deaf monkey...etc.




Dinner :
Garlic rosemary chicken

For this I used 3 chicken breasts as I knew I would be eating it over 2 days. You can judge yourself how many chicken breasts to cook.

Ingrediants
Chicken
Rosemary - Dont buy it, just pick it from someone garden !
Garlic
Lemons
Onion
Chicken stock
Butter nut squash

Method

I finely chopped 3 cloves of garlic. I love garlic. 
I then picked all the rosemary off the tree I had picked up early and bruised it slightly, with the end of my knife. watch your hands. be careful. I wasn't yesterday. 
I finely chopped my onion and I was ready to go.

I left my breasts whole. 
I sealed them in the pan with loads of rosemary, a little bit of coconut oil, the garlic and onion. Once sealed I put them in an oven proof dish, with 2 pints of chicken stock. I cut up my lemons and chucked them in the dish. 

I left in the oven for an hour at 180c



When I served it, i used a fine sieve to sieve away all the onion garlic and rosemary and was left with a lovely thin juicy juice. 

My chicken was so tender due to being cooked in the stock.



ENJOY ! 

LEAVE A COMMENT :)

4 comments:

  1. Really love that you've shared method haha I need that. I'm a total Virgin in the kitchen and like you throw stuff together and hope for the best. Well it's worked so far haha. I need to get me a blender now and a few ingredients and give these a bash myself !
    Definitely good to read how you feel after each meal as well as that may contribute to your loss as you hit target x would be interesting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers for the comment ! I will keep updating on the weight loss thing, Im weighing myself every monday at the gym... so fingers crossed ! Go to lidles ! they have food processors real cheap ! they are great xx

      Delete
  2. heya it's elizabethloses100 from IG :) nice blog! i can tell it's gonna make me hungry, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay so glad you found the blog ! Keep following :)

      Delete