Friday 20 February 2015

THAT burger bar.




Before I went to Amsterdam with Mons last week I had been literally dreaming about this burger for weeks. When I used to live there it was my treat. I was on a shitty wage of £100 a week, so going to this burger bar was a massive delicious unhealthy treat.

The hostel I booked us into is two streets away from this burger bar. Maybe I did that on purpose ;) Nah, our hostel was in the best location !


Now, this burger bar is tiny. It seats 6 people. JUST 6 people, but its so popular. At all times of the day people Que outside into the street for these burgers. There's always a big Que and it takes a while to get to even order your burger.







We were always lucky and managed to nab a bar seat, in the tiny little narrow seated area. If your anything over a size 16, which you would be if you ate here too often, you have no chance of fitting in here.


How to order ? You first choose your meat. starting at 200 gram up to 500 gram, there's different types of meat, like black Angus, Irish beef, etc, chicken.


You then add your toppings, the choice goes like this


Avocado

Bacon
Mushroom
Onions
Blue Cheese
Cheddar
Goats cheese
Jalapeno
Pineapple
Fried egg.




I ALWAYS get, fried onion, bacon, avocado, mushroom and either blue cheese or goats cheese. I'm rather set in my ways and once I like something I will just keep eating it in that combination, its pretty much the same in any burger bar I go to.


As soon as we got into Amsterdam and had checked into our hostel we headed here for a massive burger. Then, throughout the next 3 days, we ate here 4 times :) Hey fatty, time to detox !
























As you can see the kitchen is all open plan, your practically sat in the kitchen. In fact, you may as well cook your burger yourself.


Id highly recommend going here if you like burgers !


Just dont go there on a date... or trying to look sexy... or before going out for the night when you look all pretty and your make up is perfect. These burgers are dirty, they are messy, they are big and there's no sink or toilets to clean up in !


Top tip : Get a bar space, rather than a tiny little table. I was so excited to eat my burger the first night we were there I hadn't realized my plate wasn't securely on the table and my plate fell off the table into my lap. Thankfully my coat saved my burger otherwise I would have cried. A LOT.


Don't expect to look lady like in this joint. Do, however, expect to look like a wild animal who has been starved while you dig into this amazing juicy burger. The meat is served pink, your cheese goes all gooey and lovely. Oh dam, I think I best book a flight back out there... ENJOY ! 


Address :






  • Kolksteeg 2, 1012 PT Amsterdam, Netherlands
    +31 20 624 9049



  • 0 comments:

    Post a Comment