Wednesday 25 March 2015

Day 2 and day 3...



I'm determined to keep this blog up. Its hard. Even though Im currently off work it takes time to sit down and type. Thankfully once I actually get started it all just flows so easily.

Yesterday, day 2, of this new health malarkey went well. I have a really stiff left hip that's doing my head in. Part of fibromyalgia I'm afraid, and 2 days of fruit and veg isn't going to fix that. Its been bad for a few weeks but seems to be getting worse. I can feel the bones grinding, its aching, and the skin is really sore and tender. The skin and the muscle I guess, apart from that my body is alrighty. 


I started the day off with another pint of lovely green juice. Minus the spirulina, so it was super lime green. No filter, this is really how lovely and green it is. I had a full avocado too. Oh I do love an avocado. 

This is the Jason Vale super green juice, full of Ginger ( Natural pain relief for my fibro). I add ginger to all of my juices, so if your reading this and suffer with fibro or any other pain disorder, you may wanna introduce ginger to your life. It does help me, in the long run you'll notice a difference.


  • ½ lime – peeled
  • 2 Golden Delicious or Royal Gala apples
  • ¼ pineapple
  • ¼ medium cucumber
  • ¼ ripe avocado
  • 10oz of fresh wheatgrass
  • 1 level teaspoon of spirulina
  • 1 capsule of acidophilus bacteria powder
  • Ice cubes

For lunch I had some of yesterdays dinner. The yummy spicy morrocan tagine I made, check out the recipe, here.

I was heading out to my vibration shake plates, they are supposed to tone you up, so me and mum were going. I took my lunch in the car. New meaning to fast food, hey ! I really love this dish, its spicy, fruity, crunchy and just bloody delicious. Give it a go ! 


After the vibration plates I was going to my friends house for a 'vegan feast'. Three of my friends are vegan, we had decided the week before to have dinner, before I decided to make these changes to my lifestyle. 

We had a feast indeed. 

I made another spicy chick pea dish but without all the fruit and served with with Quinoi, pecan nuts and pomegranate. I made chili and rosemary sweet potato fries and an avocado and spinach salad with grilled peach, orange, apple and pecans. 

I had made home made hummus but didn't have time to go home and get my hummus after my Anne summers vibration tables so we had shop bought Hummus and carrot / cucumber / celery sticks.


I don't have any particular recipes to give for these dishes, as I pretty much made them up, but heres the ingredients I used :

Sweet potato
Avocado
Spinach
Quinoi
Pecan Nuts
Peaches
Pomegranate
Hummus
Carrot
Cucumber

So that was day 2. Easy peasy no problem.

Day 3, today. Woke up way to early to take a friend to hospital. That time in the morning, you know before 7 am, should just be illegal. We left the house at 6.50 am. I haven't seen that time in ages, since doing early morning 7 am shifts. Really, there needs to be a new law. A law that states no one should leave their warm cosy bed before  8 am... or 9 am. 

I had a green juice in the hospital. The SAME recipe all my green juices are, this one just has spirulina in, that's why its darker. Drinking it I was starting to feel ill. and weak. and dizzy. and ill. I then realized I had missed 3 of my pain relief tablets. I left the house in a rush this morning, I went to bed exhausted last night so forgot them.


Two hours or so later, I had my next juice. 

Ingredients

  • 2 carrots
  • 2 apples
  • 1 inch slice of lemon – where possible, wax free and with rind 
  • ¼ inch of fresh ginger
  • 2 ice cubes
I always add extra ginger and extra lemon. I use the ginger as pain relief  and the lemon makes it have a more citrus taste. 


This is my absolute favorite juice. Its so tasty and goes down so well. I have always loved this one, when I first did the 7lb in 7 days this was my favorite. I wasn't a fan of the green juices, but after perfecting the green juices I now love them too. 

Later on today I started feeling really ill. Nothing to do with the juices, definitely just Fibromyalgia related and pain related. Smells and lights started making me feel really ill and I was sick... Uhhh I hate being ill. I slept from 2pm till 8 pm...

I am fully aware this is going to be a long journey. Im not going to feel better in 5 days or even 5 weeks. I know this will take a good 6 months to a year to get my Fibro under wraps and be able to work full time again, but im being patient. 

This is a bit of a boring post.

Heres my dinner. Nothing special. Im really tired. Its my home made Hummus and carrot / cucumber.



Sorry for the boring post. I really feel for you if you read THIS far. I promise I'm not always this boring. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment