Monday 16 March 2015

Vegetarian yummy thai dinner... How to trick a meat eater to eat as a veggie !




I went to my friends house on Saturday night for dinner and wine. Of course, dinner and wine goes hand in hand, doesn't it ? It HAS to be red :)

Scarlett cooked this great dinner, with quorn mince, which I would never have known the difference. I always thought I would know, but I just didn't. So there we are, I'm converted. I now eat quorn! 


This recipe has everything you could ever want in it. Seriously, everything. Garlic, YUM ! Curry paste, oh more yum... Vegetable, oh so good for you. Coconut milk, oh my favorite. Honey, delicious ! Soy sauce, come on everyone loves that ! 


Tonight Scarlett cooked again, with my help. Well I chopped everything and stirred a few things, the most important things you see.


What you need :


Garlic

Quorn Mince / Meat Mince
Red Thai Curry Paste
Coconut Milk
Mushrooms
Soy Sauce
Stock
Frozen green peas
Spring onion
Coconut oil
Marmite ( you can leave it out if your one of those odd balls that HATES it)
Chinese Lettuce ( For serving ! )





Method :


Finely chop the garlic mushrooms and spring onion. 


Fry the Quorn mince or regular mince with coconut oil and add the garlic and mushroom.


Add the stock, about a pint of.


Add the spring onion


Add the frozen peas


Stir in a table spoon of Marmite, a large serving of Thai curry paste ( depends how spicy you want it) a splash of Soy sauce, a spoonful of Honey and leave to simmer. I like a mix of spicy and coconut, and this seemed to be the perfect mix. You can see the size of my servings below. I don't measure anything, never have. Just make it up !




To finish, add the coconut milk. Not a whole Tin / Packet  just half or a quarter. It depends how spicy / coconutty you want it. Leave it to simmer for another 10 minutes or so, this gives you time to get your lettuce ready.



Wash the Chinese lettuce and serve in a large bowl. It will be your cutlery ! :) 

We also had some very simple stir fry veg on the side. Get your pan really hot, chuck the veg in and stir for 2 - 3 minutes. Done !


How to eat it :


Ahhh, now the best bit. It can be a bit messy, so I wouldn't suggest it for a first date or when your wearing your lovely clean wedding dress watching friends on tv ! 


Now, you take your Chinese lettuce. Spoon some of this delightful mixture onto your leaf. Roll your leaf... and carefully, oh so very carefully, put it in your mouth. Ta daaa. Delicious right?


This is a great dish to trick meat eaters into being vegetarians, hint hint.













 You'll love this healthy, completely 'clean' dinner. If you don't, your bonkers ! Leave a comment below and let me know if your going to try it or if you have any recipes for me to try.

This dinner is so light, healthy and tasty. You have a great mix of spice and coconut, plenty of veg, a bit of a mess, AND its vegetarian. 





Enjoy !

0 comments:

Post a Comment