Saturday 21 March 2015

Sweet Potato, Chilli and Coconut soup







A while back I made a sweet potato, chili and coconut soup and never blogged about it, I just posted it on Facebook. Today someone commented on Facebook asking for the Recipe so here goes.

It was a nice soup and delivered a real punch with a sweet taste.

Ingredients :

1 large sweet potato
4 large onions
1 tin of coconut milk
Fresh or dried chili
Vegetable Stock

Method :

Chop your sweet potato into 1 cm chunks. Try to keep them all the same size so they cook at the same amount of time.



Dice your onions and start to fry them with a little bit of coconut on a low heat for 10 minutes or so, not letting them brown. Add your sweet potatoes once the onions are cooked and continue to fry for a few minutes. Add your fresh chili or dried chili and fry. By frying your chili you'll release the flavor.

Make up 2.5 pints of vegetable stock. Pour in 1.5 pints of veg stock and leave to simmer for 30 - 40 minutes.

Check the potato is cooking.

Continue to simmer if the potato needs to cook longer.

Add the rest of the stock then your coconut milk.

I'll be honest I made the mistake of adding too coconut milk. The whole tin. It was too coconutty. I love coconut but i made a little mistake with that. It was still delicious, I just feel it would be better with half the tin.

So add as much coconut milk as you wish, but id say half a tin or less ;)

You can either serve the soup like this so its lumpy or grab your hand blender and get your blend on.

If your using a hand blender, I feel sorry for your kitchen. In a few minutes you'll have bright orange stains all over the wall, counter, floor, and your face. Of course you will. I did.

Blend, serve. YUM.



Let me know if you make this soup and how it turns out, follow me on facebook and instagram and stay in touch !

Enjoy.



0 comments:

Post a Comment