Sunday 10 May 2015

Day 4, 5, 6 and 7. Life with food issues is a learning curve. A very curvy one.

Day 4. I don't feel any slimmer. Aren't I meant to be skinny right now ? I don't feel particularly healthier either. I'm four days free of coke. I'm clean ! Coca Cola of course. I'm still barely sleeping at night and suffering with insane insomnia, so that hasn't cleared up yet, but It is only day 4 so time will tell. 

I find im only having 4 juices a day, a pint at a time and Im pretty full. Maybe its the chia seeds that we have been adding, but im pretty full. The only thing I miss is the chewing. I miss chewing food. I dont necessarily miss food, solids, but just chewing. Its weird, when something gets taken away from you, you miss it. When you have it, you dont know how much you want it. 

The idea of juicing still takes a while to get your head around. All your life you have been told you must eat, now were just drinking liquids, it takes a while to get your head around it.

I went to my friends house on the evening of day 4. Armed with a green juice and a pot of cucumber and carrots. I wasn't actually round there for long because my friend didn't feel well so we had to cut our catch up short. 

My pain isnt any less yet. I think that will start getting better a few weeks in. I still have the muscle aches, the burning sensation on my skin, the tightness, stiffness, all the typical Fibromyalgia symptoms. I'm hoping in the long run this changes.


Day 5. Its 5 days of cycling my bike for half an hour a day and I can feel the burn. I can feel it. That's good right ? No pain no gain as they say. I barely slept last night. Even with my sleeping tablets I never get a full nights sleep and never feel rested. I had a dinner planned for Friday night before I started juicing, and I wasnt going to be good. My brother and sister in law have worked in this beautiful little fine dining french restaurant for over two years and were leaving, so we wanted one last supper there. My meal was amazing, I ate a lot, but because portions are smaller than the large ones I would usually serve at home, and spread out, I didnt feel fat.

I appreciated every little taste after juicing for 5 days straight I was so excited.

My meal wasnt vegan. I still haven't completely transitioned to being vegan.

My starter was poached duck egg with crispy Parma ham and wild mushroom veloutte.  My dad had crab and picked vegetables. I tried it and loved it so much I ordered one. Yes I was having two starters. My main was pork tenderloin, pink, with crushed new potatoes. It was the best pork I have ever had. So tender, hence the name. My dessert was the best chocolate fondant in the world. It just oozed chocolate. It was served with pistachio ice cream, chocolate crumble and raspberry popping candy. THE BEST EVER. 



Day 6. I was meant to be back on the juice. I was meant to wake up early and hang out with my friend. Im always meant to do a lot of things. I woke up crazy late and grabbed a juice and a few bottles of water and left to meet Scarlett to go to the Christchurch food festival. I was really really tired. Even though I had slept till 2pm, I was so tired. I didn't feel rested at all. We walked to Christchurch, about a 20 minute walk. Within 10 minutes my left leg was numb and killing. 

We walked around the festival and I still didn't give in to coke. I was so good. I came home and had a juice. I was meant to go out and do outreach for the homeless, something I do most Sundays but I was really tired.  My mum wanted to order a Indian take away so I ordered chicken tikka. I wish I didn't give into food. My chicken tikka was yummy, of course, when is Indian not yummy ? But afterwards I felt so full. The juice was definitely the way to go. 

Day 6. I didn't get to sleep till 4 a bloody m. 4 am. what the fuck. I then had to be up and outta bed by 6 am for a car boot sale. Which was disgusting. I'm really OCD about touching things. I hated it. I hate car boot sales. There was a burger stall and the smell of burgers bacon and sausage was wafting towards me and I was so tempted, but I didn't have one. I had my green juice instead ! I came home and went back to bed. 


I woke up and had half a juice, 4 bananas then just sat around doing nothing feeling hungry but really unmotivated. I just had spaghetti bolognaise cos it was in the fridge and readily available but Im bloody starving. I recon Im gonna make a juice.

So that's my week one done with mostly juicing, 5 days straight to start with. 

Im still coke free. No coke. Woop. I hope soon I will start feeling the benefits !


This is a photo of me on Friday night, compared to a photo of me 5 months ago.






0 comments:

Post a Comment