Tuesday 4 February 2014

My opinion on the eiffell tower.

Whats the point of it ?! That's a rhetorical question, please don't be a smart ass and send me a link about the damn Eiffel tower.

I had been waiting for days to go to the Eiffel tower, the sky had been heavy with fog and snow for days so there was just no point. I woke up and the sun was shining so I went for lunch at cafe constant (separate blog) then made my way to the Eiffel tower.

No lie, I really was not impressed. It wasn't hard to direct my self to this big lump of metal, you can see it very easily in many areas of Paris. Within five minutes I was walking towards this wonderful tower. Then I stopped. Looked at it again, and again, and again and just thought really, this is what all the fuss is about ? This is the place that's meant to be so romantic, where girls want to get engaged and where everyone travels to visit ? THIS ? This big lump of old rusty metal ?

I will say again, I was not impressed.

It was massive yes, but it was also busy. Very busy. Guess who was there ? Japanese. I don't like Japanese. Or busy places. Or particular touristy places. Damn why was I even at this Eiffel tower ? I stayed for a while and wondered around. The area was busy, and tacky, and ugly. Really ugly. I didn't have that wow factor like I did when I approached Sydney harbor bridge, or lady Elliot island  or many Thai beaches.

I took a few photos of course. I kinda had to embrace the tourist trap didn't I.

So all in all just don't bother going to the Eiffel tower. Its shit. Its ugly. Its pointless. Point made :) Enjoy the pics though !






ps. check out that picture of me. Is it really that hard to get the ugly thing behind me in the photo so I can pretend I appreciate it a little bit !? Really.

0 comments:

Post a Comment